What Your Height and Age Has to Do with Your Best Body Weight
When I decided it was time for me to start losing weight, I knew I needed to drop some pounds. That said, the first thing most diets ask you when you want to get started is what your goal weight is. Easier said than done. I know what I weighed a million years ago when I was slim and thought that it was easy to keep the weight off (shows what I knew!).
Still, when I look at what my weight was at that time and what it was at my highest, it stopped seeming realistic that I would get back down to that low weight. What’s more, even if I could get down to that weight, it didn’t seem like it was the best idea for me anymore. I started doing some research into what my weight should be and found out that age does actually impact what your ideal weight should be, just like your sex and your height makes a difference.
Keep reading this post
My 6 Steps to Successfully Achieving This Year’s Weight Loss Resolution
This year, my weight loss resolution is going to succeed. I’ve made it successfully through several New Year’s resolutions in the past and I’m determined to make it happen again in 2019. For this one, I’m prepared with a great strategy with some solid steps to ensure I stick to my promises to myself.
From what I’ve read, less than 10 percent of all New Year’s resolutions will succeed each year. I’m determined to beat the odds and make my weight loss resolution work. I’m especially not going to find myself among the dieters who resolve to lose and end up gaining more than they lost (this is the case in one to two thirds of all weight loss resolutions).
Here are the steps I’m taking to make sure my weight loss resolution will be different from the ones that will fail this year. I’m sharing them in case they can help you to get on the right track, too.
- Think of dieting with a different perspective – Instead of thinking of a diet as something I’m doing until I reach my weight loss goal, I’m thinking of it in terms of the gradual changes I plan to make to change my lifestyle for the long term. My diet doesn’t have an end. My weight has a goal, but my diet is the way I plan to eat permanently.
- There isn’t anything I can’t do – I’ve stopped saying “I can’t have…” a food or drink that I used to consume. For example, I’ve stopped drinking soda. That said, I don’t say that I can’t have one. Instead, I say that “I don’t drink soda.” It’s something I don’t do anymore. It’s a choice, not a restriction.
- Build habits – Gradually, I am going to add new habits to my lifestyle. Instead of trying to stick to a rigid plan, I’m going to introduce a new positive habit and keep doing it until it feels natural and automatic. Once the new habit is secured, I’ll start another one. I’m hoping that I’ll not only add good habits but push out bad ones in this way.
- I’ll plan to fail – This doesn’t mean that I think I won’t reach my goal. Of course I’m going to reach it! But now and again, I will slip up from the plan. A new habit won’t stick. I’ll break down and eat two pieces of cheesecake at once. Something will happen and I’ll fail that moment. Then, I’ll get back on track and keep going. A failure isn’t an end. It’s a mistake that will happen now and again. All I need to do is accept that I’ve made the mistake and go back to doing things properly again with forgiveness for myself.
- I’ll shop with a list – Sure, I can pick up things that aren’t on my list if I see an incredible sale. That said, I’ll stick to the list for nearly every purchase. This will mean that I have all the food I need to make the meals I want next week, and I’ll have some healthy snacks I like. I won’t give in to the cupcakes, cakes, cookies and other treat foods, no matter how great the sale. That way, sweets remain a rare treat I’ll enjoy all the more.
- I’ll visualize – At least once per week – if not more – I’ll visualize my success in achieving my goal. Before making a choice for a food or exercise (or skipping it), I’ll visualize the way that choice will make me feel and correct my behaviors to bring a better outcome.
Delicious Holiday Desserts Your Diet Can Afford to Include
I love, love, love holiday desserts. Did I mention that I love them? Well, I do! I love them so much that I typically end up destroying about a month’s worth of dieting progress every year all because I can’t control my sweet tooth. I usually know that whatever weight I lose in November will come right back throughout December.
This year, I promised myself to come up with a bit of a strategy to keep the damage to a minimum. I hunted down some great holiday dessert recipes that I can make to keep my calorie intake under control. Sure, I can’t control what everyone else will be making, but I can do my part at the very least.
Keep reading this post
How to Stop Unbearable Cravings Before They Strike
Everyone has their own list of favorite foods, and the foods that they absolutely can’t resist. And when cravings strike for the flavors that make you feel good, it could be extremely difficult to stop unbearable cravings and stop yourself from indulging. We’ve all been there.
Unfortunately, most people don’t often crave healthy foods like apples and spinach. Instead, they typically crave unhealthy foods, like salty chips, fried foods, or sweet treats. That’s why it’s a great idea to find ways of preventing your cravings before they occur. Keep reading this post
The Best Over-the-Counter Weight Loss Pill 2019
Losing weight isn’t always easy; in fact, it is likely that you will run into some challenges as you work hard at getting down to your target weight. But beyond diet and exercise, there are some extra steps that you can take to make your weight loss journey easier, and those steps include taking the best over-the-counter weight loss pill 2019.
The problem, though, is that not all weight loss products are created equal, and some should be avoided entirely because they contain potentially dangerous ingredients. So, searching for the right diet pill could certainly be a challenge. That’s why we have compiled the helpful list below to help you find the weight loss pill that will allow you to achieve your fitness goals this year.
FENFAST 375 is a top-rated weight management supplement developed to support healthy lifestyle changes such as diet and exercise beyond what the typical weight loss supplement. Keep reading this post