Start a Hot New Relationship with Your Diet
When you begin a new diet, it can feel as though you’re going out on a blind date. You are hoping for the best, you’ve got a few reservations, and even though you may have been told a great deal about what to expect, you really won’t know what it’s all about until you begin. The reason is that when you start a new lifestyle, it can feel as though you are beginning a new relationship. The difference is that instead of starting that relationship with someone else, you’re starting it with yourself.
Therefore, when you consider any specific diet program or when you make decisions along the way with regards to how you intend to follow it, you need to take into consideration what that decision is going to do to that relationship that you have with yourself. Is it time that you give yourself a gift? If you’ve been working very hard and sticking to your program, then maybe you have earned that night out at the end of the week. Do you feel like skipping your daily walk? Maybe it’s time you need to have a talk with yourself to find out what’s going on and discover why you are holding yourself back.
In so many ways, your efforts to lose weight and maintain a healthier body so that you can feel great about the way you look are a reflection of your willingness to respect yourself and love yourself. Therefore, just as you need to work at a relationship, you need to work at building the right habits to create your healthy lifestyle for weight loss.
Here are some more ways that your dieting can feel like you’re in a new relationship:
• You’re looking for “the right one”.
• Some diets are right for you, and some just don’t work out.
• There is a great deal of discovery along the way.
• You’ll have your regrets.
• You know that the result is worth it, but the journey can be very hard at times.
• Even in the best ones, you will feel as though you hit the occasional plateau.
• Everyone will have opinions and advice that they want to share with you.
• You need to love yourself before you will be successful.
• You’ll get to buy new clothes.
• When you do find the right one, it’ll last a lifetime.